Friday, February 11, 2011

So, everywhere I go, people always ask me, "Shtove, (Seriously, that's the nickname I've been given here in DHHS, there's a long story behind that) where do you get the name for that awesome blog you write?" (No, they don't actually do that, but wouldn't it be nice if they did?)

And to that I present to all six of the followers following my blog, a behind the scenes view of my Ipod.  Yes, the name of my blog comes from a song, believe it or not, that I don't think I even have.  "Just Another Day In Paradise" is the title of a country song (and a rock song by Phil Collins, but that's the one I'm thinking of) written by Phil Vassar.  (Vassar, Collins, weird, hu?) Well anyway, now comes the deep, insightful, and meaningful part of this post:

In the song, Phil sings about his life and how nothing is going well and nothing is "perfect."  He says "There goes the washing machine," and "Here comes the mailman bringing that stack of bills."  He explains  how much of a mess his life currently is with "kids screaming" and how nothing goes right.  And that's just fine with him because its, you guessed it, "Just another day in paradise," and, "There's no place I'd rather be."  It's real amazing because even though life is so imperfect and can be a total downer and not be all to great, it's the only life you have and you should be grateful for the life you have, however imperfect it may be.  His song can be related to by everyone because everyone has been in the same predicament where life is overall poor.  But, that's not stopping him from writing a song about it.  This song tells me that no matter how bad things get, it could be worse.

Okay, so maybe I didn't talk about what else is on my Ipod, but maybe later.  And yes, "Shtove" really is the nickname that has been bestowed upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment