Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flying over NYC

My dad, I, and his friend, Mike, decided to take a flight one cold morning over to Sky Acres airport in upstate New York for some breakfast, and then we decided to fly over the (Improved) VFR corridor over the Hudson River through New York City.  (It's improved because they've made it easier to navigate after that horrific crash involving the helicopter and plane that killed 6 people occurred years ago.)  So, we flew down the river and I took some amazing pictures.  Yes, it was freezing cold in the plane without heat, but hey, I got some killer pictures.

Meriden Markham Manciple Airport


Downtown Waterbury


On approach to Sky Acres

The Sky Acres restaurant

Dad fueling the Dakota for our trip down the river

The Sky Acres restaurant was a renovated barn which was very interesting


White Plains I believe.

The Bluffs


The GW Bridge.  Sorry a bout the darkness, I wasn't able to stop the propeller.


Some buildings on the Jersey side of the river.

The Empire State, the Bank of America Tower, and the New York Times tower

A poor shot of the Intrepid


Empire State again

The World Trade Center

Ships in the harbor.  I later found out that that one is the world's largest auto carrier.

The Varrazano Narrow's Bridge

Queens

Coney Island

Coney Island



The Jone's Beach Arena

No comments:

Post a Comment