Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Break out the Festivous Pole and the Christmas Leg Lamp, because it's that wonderful time of year again

May it be "Festivous for the rest of us," or a Christmas where you just might shoot your eye out, it's comin' round before you know it.  For me, I haven't really been feeling the christmas spirit, mostly because it's been dampened by school.  The last day is the 23rd, and I never feel christmasy when I'm still in school....so I only have two days to feel it.  Even when we went out to buy the tree, that was a wake up call for me that christmas is coming, but that put me in no jollier mood because I still had to go home and study for a geometry test the next day.

Most people in school are quite content with the fact that it's the last week of the year, but not me, because so far I've had a test every day of the week and I've had to study every night.  When my dad asked me if I wanted to do some decorations, I had to decline because alas, the Biology exam I had the next morning took top priority.  Just because I haven't felt like Chris Cringle, doesn't mean I can't be him, because the big present I gave this year, (and drained the bank alright) was two tickets to see Johnny Mathis last Sunday for my mother.  She loved the show, and took my father with her.

So, that's the fun life of me, sacrificing the gaiety of the season for good performance in school.  Speaking of which, these last two weeks have been awful, and I've been keeping myself alive on tea, and so far I've been through about 80 tea bags in the past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment